Thursday, February 09, 2006

Midterm

Tomorrow is our midterm exam. I will have a conversation with each student, on a topic they have chosen from a group of six I offered. They will give me a list of vocabulary, ten words they will probably use in their talk, with part of speech and definition. I think they will all be fine!

Then next week we start the second half of the term. Sometimes things get sluggish at this juncture. I think I'll rev it up a notch. I'm not sure how, yet. One thing I might do is give them poems (short, simple ones) to memorize--for pronunciation. Since next week is Valentine's Day, maybe I'll start with a simple one:

Roses are red,
and violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet,
and so are you.

Later we'll get to The Wasteland.

What do you think? Good idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home