Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Good Bye and Good Luck!

I have said goodbye to my students for this term. They were a wonderful class--positive, diligent, and fun. I wish them all good luck. I will miss them.

For the final exam in this listening/speaking class, we had a listening portion and a speaking portion. The latter was composed, like the midterm, of individual interviews.

And as usual, when it's over you realize how you should have done it! If I teach this class again, and the group is small enough, I will have these individual interviews once a week, as an ongoing part of the class. It's so good to talk to the students individually! They really get a chance to talk uninterrupted, at their own pace. I get to focus on their skills and their needs. I can pinpoint very specific problems in pronunciation especially. It is very useful to be able to tell a student exactly what to work on.

Not only that, but from a selfish point of view, I learn so much from these conversations about their countries and cultures.

Teaching at CESL is fascinating, like traveling all over the world without having to pack a bag or worry about missing your plane.

That's why we love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home