Tuesday, May 09, 2006

She knows!



One of my students emailed me this piece of writing, which was not an assignment; she was just compelled to write it:

The great inspiration from the end of the film Miracle Worker is still vibrating through depth in my heart. And I can tell other student in the classmates felt the same way as I did. When the book closes in my bed late night, when the film ends in the class room with tears, I could not stop thinking about the consequences. I was like a reader who wonders if there is another page or scene. “And then? So? What happened after that?” This article shows me small hole where I can look into her life little closer. At the first of the article there was a story about “water scene” where Hellen finally got to know what water is. I bet this is the biggest part of the book and film. As she explained, she could feel something wonderful and cool flowing over her hands. I think water is most definite material people can easily feel because of its temperature, liquid sense of touch. I think it is lucky that the thing that helps her was water. From the start to end of the article, I just can’t believe Hellen wrote them. While I was reading through it, I felt little bit nervous and exciting and also peace of mind. (peace of mind from that she is doing fine more than any other people although she is deaf and blind,.) I do respect her. As she felt like wards make the world blossom, it is exactly same to me. For me, I had really hard time to speak in English when I was in the US for the first time. I totally understand her mind. As my numbers of vocabulary are increasing I feel more confident and sometimes I can’t believe myself speaking in English. That makes me feel like speaking more and more. And also, I had great teacher and I think I was lucky and I am so thankful. (Thank you, Ms. Davis!! I like your way of teaching voca, and way of bringing feelings in the story we’ve never existed.) Also, other parts of story I really impressed are when she learns from natures. As Hellen said in the article, she was learning from nature and she finally got to know how much world is delightful!! Yes, I can’t forget the scene Hellen makes big big smiles on her face when she feels little small E.G.G, and tiny tiny life came out from. When she plumed into brook, she was even cute!! I think Nature is like her second hometown because above reason, also, it is important place where she found friends like birds and flower, and feel happy. She was getting knows that there are great things in the world.
There is one thing I couldn’t found out answer so far in my life, but Helen knows that in the article what love is. I was just so touched about Annie Sullivan’s definition of “love’.
So beautiful. And I thought I would love someone or something like Clouds, who provide shade when sunshine is so strong, and sweetness with rains. ☺
Finally, I strongly felt, I am so thankful to my parents and many teachers. I am healthy, I have ears to hear, I can distinguished tone, I can copy whatever I heard. I learn fast. Whenever I fail, they give me cheers rather than blame which helps me to start again. Sometimes I am so ashamed about myself, and grumbling about myself, now I totally changed. I will have more confidence and enthusiasm, I will never stop working hard. I am not afraid about my shallow knowledge as long as I have lots of good parents and teachers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home